Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HPDV7--6b05ea
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had to replace my hard drive and lost the recovery disk to reset the  machine  how can i get one

tried one site but would not allow me because gotcha  not working in the UK

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

If you want to reinstall Windows 10 you can create a bootable USB drive with the OS on it on a different PC and then use this USB to reinstall the OS on your machine. If you install the same edition, you do not need product key and Windows will automatically activate once installed and connected to internet.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

Hi thanks for the reply but that is not what I asked the 

I have got the windows disk ok!!

I need where i can reinstall the software and drivers for the machine KI have been to all the sites here and the only 1 i have found will not let people in the uk order the media disk or usb

from a recovery disk

The machine is useless if I cannot reinstall . 1 site wanted £40 pounds (UK) for the web camera download????

My new hard drive does not have the restore  partition

thanks

**bleep**

HP Recommended

That's the problem I have a new hard drive does not have the recovery partition and nowhere can i get any help in restoring the software or drivers

Found 1 site in the USA which will sell me the media disk but does not allow People from the uk to buy ( USA states only)

regards

**bleep**

HP Recommended

Hi,

Hp does not offer drivers for Windows 10 for your "older" machine,

so there will not be a Windows 10 recovery disk for it

The best idea is to install Windows 10 and then go into settings (security and update) and completly update the machine. Here you can also choose to install optional updates and there should be a list of drivers which you can install directly from Microsoft.

If there are any missing drivers you can let us know or try drivers for Windows 8 or 7 (by choosing different OS here)

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-dv7-6b00-entertainment-notebook-pc-seri...

Hope it helps,

david

HP Recommended

No it does not work at all.

I rei installed windows 8 on a clean hard drive I did exactly as you suggest but the drivers get to 99% THEN STOPS 

WINDOWS UPTADED ALL AVAILABLE STILL WILL NOT LOAD DRIVERS OR SOFTWARE!!!

i ALSO RE INSTALLED WINDOWS 10 SAME RESULT !!!

ANY MORE SUGGESTIONS?

HP Recommended

ttps://www.computersurgeons.com/

have the  kit but cannot get postal cost so the computer is heading for the TIP   recycling tip

SO I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER HP PRDUCT TO SAVED THE PLANET from waste .

HP Recommended

When you say the drivers go to 99% what do you mean?

What happens when you reinstall Windows 10 on the PC, does it boot into Windows? or does Windows not install?

let me know,

david

HP Recommended

This is a waste of time!!!

I will gbo though oit 1 more time

! hard drive failed completely

2 got new hard drive 

3 Installed windows  downloaded all updates

4 ran windows no HP programmes installed 

5 went onto HP site put my HP details in got a list of reinstall programmes . downloaded them  to install

6 all downloads run up to 99% download the stopped would not complete download

7 reinstalled windows 10

8same result

9 fresh install windows 8 

10  same result as above...

11 why cant i buy a recovery kit in the uk as you can in the USA for 27 dollars will not post to uk 

I have now done this3 or 4 times just to get my pc back to factory settings same results

windows 10 does not work windows 8 does not work all i can do is to use this machine without any HP 

aps such as camera  etc etc etc....NO HP  device drivers no HP software!¬!!!!

To answer your yes windows 10 works windows 8 works BUT NO HP SOFTWARE or DRIVERS ON BOTH!!!!

HP Recommended

I thought  I would return my pc to windows 8.1 as the original software download on the on assistant  page Now I find I would have to pay a minimum $40 pounds to get a 8.1 windows disk. I am fed up try ng to install the  downloaded missing software and drivers.. Shame on HP as i feel like putting the machine in re cycle bin . 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.