Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15ba-113cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently my windows has been freezing incredibly frequently.  Opening a browser or File explorer will cause it to freeze, with the browser not responding and the (time) clock not advancing.  I went through Hp recovery and tried to backup all my files, but it kept freezing.  Then I logged in through safe mode and manually backed up all my files to an external hard drive, which worked fine.

I went through and did diagnostics on all the components, and the only one that wasn't working, as I suspected, was the hard drive. 

It failed the Hard Drive Short DST check and gave a failure ID of OU7T7X-8HBAST-XD7X7A-60Q003 with Product ID X7T77UA#AOA.

I reset the laptop to factory settings, and for the time being it is working like normal. 

1)Can anyone tell me what this failure ID means (more specifically than your hard drive is effed). 

2)This laptop is out of warranty, but I would like to keep it to use for small tasks, and want to know the extent of the damage.

3) Any guess on how long it will last after the factory reset before reverting to freezing constantly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.