07-18-2019 09:06 AM
How can I solve this problem with out lossing my files.
07-18-2019 02:41 PM
To be honest with you -- the 3F0 failure can mean anything from simple sector problems to completely failed drive. So, there is no real way without checking the drive to see if anything is recoverable.
Your best bet for recovering data now is to do the following:
1) Remove the hard drive from the old PC
2) Purchase a USB-to-Hard Driver adapter kit (like the one illustrated below)
3) Connect the old drive to a working PC using that adapter
4) Try to retrieve the files and folders you want to save from the old drive and copy them to the new PC.
If this does not work, then you need to do the following:
1) Download and install this utility on a working PC http://www.majorgeeks.com/news/story/recover_data_in_3_steps_with_minitool_power_data_recovery_free_...
2) Run the data recovery utility to see what can be retrieved from the old drive.
If that tool does not find what you need, an alternative is Recuva http://www.piriform.com/recuva
And, if that does not work well, the best tool out there is this one, but only the trial version is free http://www.file-recovery.com/
***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP