Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows Vista

Just won't start. Never overheated or anything. I hardly used it because I hated Vista. Such a waste of money. Looks brand new. Any help would be great. I just want to sell it. Had a beautiful screen, and built better then they do now days!!! I even have the remote control and TV antenna. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@beachinmoney06, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Do you see a light on the AC adapter?

Try with a different good known wall outlet or a different compatible AC adapter.

Power Reset your Laptop​ and check if that helps.

1. Remove the battery, adapter and anything else plugged into it.
  2. Hold down the power button for 1 minute.
  3. Plug the adapter into the laptop and then into the wall socket and see if it will boot up.
  4. It should boot up with out the battery installed, if it does, shut down and install the battery and check again.

Keep me psoted for further assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I already did all this. I'm sure it's the graphics card that everyone else had issues with.

HP Recommended

@beachinmoney06

If the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP support was no help when I asked about it when it happened 5 years ago, I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed.

HP Recommended

@beachinmoney06

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. As this is a hardware issue with the PC, HP support team will be able to guide you better.

Kindly contact Hp support team as mentioned in my previous post.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.