Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same problem with my laptop that I bought 2 years ago. My laptop, an hp spectre x360 13-acxx will suddenly bluescreen after waking up from hibernation and being unlocked it with face ID. sometimes it even makes a very high and uncomfortable noise before it turns off. Which is very uncomfortable, and embarrassing when in public areas. I even tried to reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop because I thought it was a problem with some of the softwares I've installed, but I still have the same problem now.  Attaching an image of the bluescreen message:

bluescreen error messagebluescreen error message

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Cindy,

Try making a change to your "Sign-in Options" as shown below. I used to get this error frequently, but I changed the setting "Automatically dismiss the lock screen if Windows recognizes your face" to be off. This means that when Windows recognizes my face, I have to hit the "esc" key to unlock the screen. It takes only a fraction of a second but it made a big difference for me. Hope this helps.

clipboard_image_0.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Cindy,

Try making a change to your "Sign-in Options" as shown below. I used to get this error frequently, but I changed the setting "Automatically dismiss the lock screen if Windows recognizes your face" to be off. This means that when Windows recognizes my face, I have to hit the "esc" key to unlock the screen. It takes only a fraction of a second but it made a big difference for me. Hope this helps.

clipboard_image_0.png

HP Recommended

Yes, I have read that his does work for some users. I have mine to dismiss the lock screen automatically. In the last few weeks after running the sfc /scannow , "repairing " 9 files related to windows defender and updating HIDClass I have not gotten this error since. I've heard the surface laptops get this error too so it might be just windows being windows.

HP Recommended

Hi, I tried your solution and is working so far. I'll keep you posted if there are any flaws from now on.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi, I tried your solution after reading your reply and it has been working fine so far! 
It is of course not optimal as the face recognition would be more convenient if it unlocked right away when it recognized my face, but it's definitely better than getting the blue screen again.
Thank you for the help, just wanted to give an update now when I haven't had the problem in almost half a year!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.