Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have the same issue. HP Spectre with facial recognition when waking up from hibernation gets the Blue Screen with SPUVCbv64.sys error. This happens about once per week and I have had the computer for one year. It is annoying and I keep hoping one of the HP recommended updates will address this problem. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@3FD3FD I suggest you update the Battery Drive to the most current version, you may need to look for the drivers on HP's website: Click here to access it,

Also, update the BIOS, Chipset and graphics card, when done, restart the computer and check if that works.

• If not, please change the balanced power plan configuration in the "Change advanced power settings" option.
  • In the PCI Express> Power Management option, I left the two options (Battery and Outlet) as "Moderate Power Save".

P.S: Welcome to HP Forums! 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher - thanks for your reply. Somehow there are multiple threads with the same name as this one but they do not show up together. Before I had read your reply I had found a reply by "Spuv" on 3-25-2019 that reads as copied below and I tried this approach. As of today, I have not had another blue screen. But that is less than a week of using this solution, so I am going to let it run for a bit longer.

"Hi all,

Of course have the same problem and think it is in the face recognition. Bought the laptop with this option and it just should work. For the moment, below might be a solution. And an indication where HP should make an update.

Internet:

Basically go to Settings, then accounts, then sign-in options, and scroll down under Windows hello, and disable the "automatically dismiss the lock screen if we recognise your face" option.

When this option was turned on, I got the BSOD/crash basically every single day. It was way too annoying. 

After I turned off this option, I didn't get the BSOD/crash not once in the last month! Knock on wood.

Looking forward to a patch in HP support assistant.

Thanks"

HP Recommended

@3FD3FD Thank you for responding!

Please take your time and get back to us with the results after keeping the device under observation,

We will be eagerly awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a great day, ahead.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Per my previous post, I implemented the changes recommended by Spuv in a separate thread. As of today I have not had another blue screen issue - even with my computer waking from hibernation and using facial recognition every day. The key difference now is with this setting I have to hit the "escape" key while the computer is doing the facial recognition to allow it to open up past the lock screen. This small change has thus far eliminated the blue screen failures.

Fingers crossed that this has it solved.

HP Recommended

@3FD3FD I recommend you keep the device under observation for a week and report back, if everything works good you could let us know it worked by selected my initial post as the solution 😉

And if you need anything else, simply write back to us and I'll be happy to help.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good news so far. I implemented the changes referenced above in this thread one month ago and have not had the blue screen since that time. I am using the device every day with facial recognition login from wake-up - with the requirement that I hit the esc key to allow the system to unlock. 

HP Recommended

Update - I got the blue screen (same error as in the thread title) for the first time today since I made the changes noted. So my conclusion is that the changes have not fixed the problem - but I am getting the problem less frequently. (I was getting it at least once per week, now it has been about 5 weeks since I experienced the problem.) I will continue to post updates as things progress.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.