Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Compaq CQ56

How is the best way to update the BIOS   the existing BIOS is  HP F.07 11/06/2010  and in doing that what is the advantage? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There are no real benifits in this case. There does exist a risk of bricking the notebook.

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

What is the letter after the E in your product name? There should be one.

Does your notebook have an AMD or an Intel processor?  There are two versions and they have distinctly different BIOS.

I see now from your other thread that the letter was supposed to be an A and you have an Intel processor.

What is the installed OS?

I would not really consider updating the BIOS on a notebook that has been in use for 7 years. It is quite risky since it has a Legacy rather than a UEFI BIOS.

It is your choice.

Make sure that you have the power adapter connected and that ytou do not turn off the notebook until it has completed writing the BIOS ROM file.

The latest BIOS softpaq for your notebook is sp52622.exe. It is BIOS version F.15

This is the download page.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/compaq-presario-cq56-100-notebook-pc-series/4247498...

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi I did run a Belarc report and it confirms a 2.10 gigahertz Intel Celeron Dual-Core T3500 Processor if this helps . If I go ahead what are the likely benefits ? 

HP Recommended

The model is CQ56- 103 EA

HP Recommended

There are no real benifits in this case. There does exist a risk of bricking the notebook.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.