Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 272 and HP 15 212
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yes I really need some help I have these two laptops that I love to go when they’re working one is an HP 15 272 and the other one is an HP  15 212 I think they are somewhere between three and five years old and I just wanted to know how can I get a free or do they offer a free recovery disk for these models please advise thank you

Brian S Garon
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, you have to pay for the recovery disks for one of those models (the 15-f272wm).

You can reinstall W10 for free by making a bootable W10 installation flash drive with the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from the notebook's support page.

HP Notebook - 15-f272wm (ENERGY STAR) Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

For the 15-bs212wm, HP does have free recovery media for download by using the HP Cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, you have to pay for the recovery disks for one of those models (the 15-f272wm).

You can reinstall W10 for free by making a bootable W10 installation flash drive with the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from the notebook's support page.

HP Notebook - 15-f272wm (ENERGY STAR) Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

For the 15-bs212wm, HP does have free recovery media for download by using the HP Cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul thank you so much is about the third time you help me with a few you have no idea how much it’s appreciated!

Respectfully,

Brian S Garon

Brian S Garon
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.