Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2130 All-in-One Printer series

I bought this 2130 but I do not know how to scan a document. Please help me.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Marietha

From the printer's How-to category:

or

To use the HP scan software, you must install the Full Feature Software for your Operating System.  Drivers and Software are found on the printer's Driver and Software page.

Getting HP Printer Drivers and Updates

and

First Time Printer Setup

If you are using a mobile device (not a PC):

Mobile Printing Solutions Compatible with HP Printers

I suggest you download and read the User Guide

For Windows:

Depending on your Operating System version (and printer model), there are several methods and programs are available to supplement your printer’s Scan capabilities!

Dragon Document – Collection of Help, suggestions, links to how-to videos, and examples: 

Scanning Program Options

Topics / Sections – various, including:

• Know and Understand Scan DPI / Scan Resolution options
  • HP Scan Extended – Exceptional standalone free scan program:  Single, Multiple scans, image and PDF scans, Auto-Crop!
  • NAPS2-- Not another PDF Scanner – free standalone program scans PDF files and image(s) as .jpeg or PDF file(s)
  • Printer Software (Full Feature Software > Printer Assistant > Print, Scan & Fax > Scan a Document or Photo)
  • HP Scan and Capture from Windows Store
  • And others…

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.