Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I dont want to use HPSimplepass, and I want to stop the pop up window which keeps coming up when I dont want it.    I guess I could try uninstalling.   I this OK to do?   I might want to use Simplepass sometime in the future.

Any suggestions welcomed.  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@john6789 wrote:

I dont want to use HPSimplepass, and I want to stop the pop up window which keeps coming up when I dont want it.    I guess I could try uninstalling.   I this OK to do?   I might want to use Simplepass sometime in the future.

Hi,

Yes you may uninstall it and then download and install it again in the future. The app is available on your laptop home website.

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@john6789 wrote:

Hi,

Yes you may uninstall it and then download and install it again in the future. The app is available on your laptop home website.

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
HP Recommended

thanks - I find it incedibly annoying when Simplepass pops up uninvited.

HP Recommended

Hi There, I know that this question was posted in 2014 but I'm sure there's still people to this day trying to solve this annoying issue, like I was a few weeks ago, till I found the solution.

If you don't wish to uninstall the program, you can solve this issue simply by these steps:

1. Go to my computers icon
  2. Open C drive
  3. Open Program  Files *Not the (x86)*
  4. Click the Hewlett-Packard Folder
  5. Open the Simple Pass Folder
  6. Run (ClientCore.exe)
  7. Select the second button from the left (My Vault) and you should see all the websites and programs that are set up to have this annoying program pop up.
  8. Click on any of the site or icons to the left and on the right you will see the site name and an option to Delete.
  9. That's where you can press delete, so the pin authentication request won't annoy you by popping up again when you revisite those sites. 
  10. After you make the changes, try revising the site you have just deleted the log in info to and you'll see that the PIN window won't appear again.

Hint:

Alot of core programs that came with the computer can  have their settings changed if they're not working the way that you'd like them to.

All you have to do is locate that program in C Drive, open Program Files and scroll down to the file that contains your program. In that folder will contain some of the software's core components and hopefully you can find your answer there.

have a great day everyone, and I hope this helps the people of 2017 and onwards! :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

Open Control Panel (For poor Windows 10 users, run control.exe)

Open Administrative Tools

Open Task Scheduler

Look for the "Start SimplePass" task (C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\SimplePass\ClientCore.exe)

On the Triggers tab, double click on the "At log on" trigger and uncheck the Enable checkbox

To enable, repeat steps and check the Enable checkbox

Excuse the old fashion method, Microsoft is leaving one of their first customers (with a computer science degree) behind...

HP Recommended

As of 5-3-2018, this is how I successfully got rid of the HP Simplepass popping up every time Windows loads.

FIRST >>> save and close anything you may have been working on as you do not want to lose any of your work.  When fixing anything, you should be prepared for reboots.

To begin, right click the Windows start icon in the lower lefthand corner of your screen, this will bring up a list and at the top entitled Apps and Features.  Highlight and click to select.

Next you will see a Settings window entitled Apps & features.  Also be sure that Apps & features is highlighted at the top of the left column so that you have the correct list. Use the scroll bar on the right to slowly scroll down to find the HP Simplepass app.

Once you highlight HP Simplepass, you will see the screen expand with the option to Uninstall. Click on the Uninstall button and proceed to complete the process, be patient it may appear to be frozen but it is not.

You will be prompted to reboot when the process is complete. Do this to ensure everything is operating properly.

I have seen some really convoluted answers out here for this issue.  It is simply a matter of familiarizing yourself with how each operating platform functions, in this case Windows 10 with HP vendor apps installed.  Sometime a "work-around" is necessary, but the best way is to use the features as intended, as it will definitely prevent future unnecessary malfunctions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.