Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
How do I unlock my num lock on my hp pavilion g61009sa, I don't know which key is which I don't have a num lock key, a scroll key or a key with small number 9 on... Please help<br>Lol thanks
13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi,

Normally laptops which are under 17" do not have numlock key because its physically space. Vendors can not put a numeric keypad on the keyboard and no point to put numlock on a keyboard which has no numeric keypad. What are you trying to do ? You can buy an external keyboard if you wish numlock key.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
I need to know how to unlock num lock as mine has locked and as I don't have a num lock button I can't unlock it lol, I have looked on several forums and most of them suggest pressing fn and scroll but I dont seem to have a scroll button either!?! Soo confused..I am on the first page when I enter my password to get access to my desktop so am limited to what I can and can't do... Any help would be Amazing x
HP Recommended

Hi,

Here is the keyboard on your machine:

kbg6.PNG

There is NO numeric keypad therefore NO numlock key. You need to press shift key if you wish to type numbers.

For larger screen machines such as the dv7's, yoy can see the keyboard like this:

dv7.PNG

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
Its annoying as this does have some kind of lock on it as certain numbers such as 8 and 9 are locked..that pic is the same as my keyboard but this happened a few days ago and I managed to unlock it by pressing random keys but this took like 3 hrs and then turned the laptop off etc and went to go on it the next day and it's happened again , I have spent like another 3 hrs pressing random keys and googling and goin on a million sites usin my iPhone but jus can't find a solution, my mate recommends gettin a USB keyboard and tryin that...
HP Recommended

Hi,

Well, did I say you can get this using external (USB or wireless keyboard) on my first reply ?

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended
I jus wish I could do it without buying a USB keyboard, it's more frustrating as I did it a few days ago
HP Recommended

Hi,

This article may help:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01458194

Also try to use Ctrl+ " (hold down the Ctrl key and press ").

Good luck.

BH

HP Recommended

@banhien wrote:

Hi,

Normally laptops which are under 17" do not have numlock key because its physically space. Vendors can not put a numeric keypad on the keyboard and no point to put numlock on a keyboard which has no numeric keypad. What are you trying to do ? You can buy an external keyboard if you wish numlock key.

Regards.

TM and copyright codes

HP Recommended

I have a keypad similar to the one in the picture with a number pad.

I went into BIOS to turn on num lock but it is not there.

It's a HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC with Windows 8.1 64-bit

A gift from my brother so I dont look gift horses in the mouth and complain but I have 2 really annoying problems

How do I turn on num lock?

How do I change the keypad so that when I use the " key it types straight away and not only after I type the spacebar.

eg: to type "hello" I have to type "spacebar_hello_"spacebar - with underscore being a space

Any help would be appreciated

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.