Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 250 G8 Notebook PC (1T4J4AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a brand new HP250 G8 laptop and at a point i got a reason to Reset it then after resetting it i found out that all the preloaded softwares were gone, now I'm unable to access the HP apps provided in it, pls how do i restore it them, I really need them 🥲😭

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with why the recovery software failed.

You will have to contact HP customer service and see if they can help.

Contact HP | HP® Africa

Other than that, your only choice would be live with the software that is available on your notebook's support page.

HP 250 G8 Notebook PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Support

If you can't get into Windows due to the recovery media not working, you will have to clean install Windows by making a bootable W10 installation flash drive with the Media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

You will most likely have to install the Intel rapid storage controller drivers if you get to the screen that asks 'where do you want to install Windows,' and it can't find any drives.

I have zipped up and attached below, the Intel storage controller drivers that I hope work for Windows to find the hard drive.

Copy the 5 files from the F6/VMD/f6vmdflpy-x64 folder to a USB flash drive.

iastorvd.cat

iastorvd.inf

iastorvd.sys

rstmweventlogmsg.dll

rstmwservice.exe

Have the flash drive and your W10 installation media plugged into USB ports.

Boot from the W10 installation flash drive.

When you get to the screen where no drives can be found, click on the Load driver option, browse to the flash drive with the storage controller drivers on it.

If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.

Click Next and if those are the right drivers W10 should find the drive and install.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

You can use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall Windows, the drivers and the software that originally came with your PC.

Here is an info link for how to use the utility.  You will need a 32 GB USB flash drive to create the recovery media with.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool in Windows 11 and 10 | HP® Customer Support

You can download the software from the Microsoft Store.

HP Cloud Recovery Tool - Microsoft Store Apps

HP Recommended

Okay, Thank You Very Much. 

Getting a Flash Drive Here is Very Expensive, Can I use a card reader and a SD card for the USB recovery? 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, you can only use a USB flash drive.

HP Recommended

I've Gotten the 32GB Flash Drive, But after Downloading the recovery file and finishing all the process, it said failed.

But the recovery image has been downloaded on my PC already. 

Pls what can I do at this point? 

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with why the recovery software failed.

You will have to contact HP customer service and see if they can help.

Contact HP | HP® Africa

Other than that, your only choice would be live with the software that is available on your notebook's support page.

HP 250 G8 Notebook PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Support

If you can't get into Windows due to the recovery media not working, you will have to clean install Windows by making a bootable W10 installation flash drive with the Media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

You will most likely have to install the Intel rapid storage controller drivers if you get to the screen that asks 'where do you want to install Windows,' and it can't find any drives.

I have zipped up and attached below, the Intel storage controller drivers that I hope work for Windows to find the hard drive.

Copy the 5 files from the F6/VMD/f6vmdflpy-x64 folder to a USB flash drive.

iastorvd.cat

iastorvd.inf

iastorvd.sys

rstmweventlogmsg.dll

rstmwservice.exe

Have the flash drive and your W10 installation media plugged into USB ports.

Boot from the W10 installation flash drive.

When you get to the screen where no drives can be found, click on the Load driver option, browse to the flash drive with the storage controller drivers on it.

If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.

Click Next and if those are the right drivers W10 should find the drive and install.

HP Recommended

how do I use the software's available on my notebook page ???

because i was able to access it

HP Recommended

I don't see much software that you would need on the support page.  Just drivers.

These are the optional software program I saw:

Under the Software - Solutions section:

McAfee LiveSafe Fix Package- you only need this if you have McAfee security software installed.

HP Support Assistant

Under the Utility - Tools section:

HP Connection Optimizer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.