Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Compaq 6720s
Microsoft Windows XP

15971060491817297622791522318118.jpg

 When checked how to solve this problem YouTube. The answer was to change the Sata settings. But I don't know how to change it,  so kindly help me, anyone knows how to solve this problem.

Windows XP, Hp compaq 6720s

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

You don't want to change the settings because AHCI provides much better drive performance.

You can slipstream the SATA drivers you need into a copy of your XP installation media.

Read the document I attached for how to do this, and I also attached the 32 bit XP SATA AHCI drivers you need to slipstream.

Slipstream all of the drivers in the folder.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.