Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15 Quad Edition
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hey guys,

I recently determined that HP 3D Drive Guard is the reason for my periodic stuttering when gaming on my laptop. I place my laptop on my lap when gaming, and I realized that the stuttering is occuring seconds after i shift my posture or move my legs.

I was wondering how I could possibly temporarily disable HP 3D Drive Guard while I am gaming. There seems to be no way to do this. If there isn't I'll just go ahead and uninstall.

Also if there is no way to disable it would it be just the same if I remove HP Accelerometer System Tray during startup? Is that the actual driveguard process? Could I just terminate it from the task manager and restart it form its file location as a manual alternative to disabling it?

Thanks,

Nik

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

According to the manual for Drive Guard on page 6, you should be able to disable the software via Control Panel/Drive Guard/Settings.

Edit, link broken.

HP Recommended

disabling from the system tray is not working . please help me disable the acceerometer and driveguard. i am on win 8.1

HP Recommended

I dont have drive guard installed but I would think you could disable it in services.msc. Have you tried that?

You could also just uninstall it. If you do, you can always download  the latest version and re-install it again.

6.0.19.1 Rev.A (17 Jul 2014)

HP Recommended

I have upgraded a system to windows 10, and somehow, some elements of the driveguard software stayed on the system. Now, on startup, it throws an accellerometerdll.dll errror which I've traced back to the HP 3D Driveguard software which is not compatible with Windows 10.  When I try to remove it, an error occurs saying something like, "Cannot uninstall HP 3D Driveguard because it's not compatible with this system."  How can I remove this?  Are there registry keys I can delete or modify so that it does not prompt the service to start or something like that?

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem and need the exact same solution.....how do I remove it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.