Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Please help me with the best way to fix this issue.

I have bought my HP Pavillion 15 laptop with windows 10 home edition OS and then I installed the windows 10 enterprise edition from my company I have left the company few months ago and removed the company domain.

Now I am getting the prompt with your license is going to end soon and asking for change the product key.

How can i reset my laptop with OS (most likely Win 10 Home edition) which i got from HP and what is the way to get the product key from HP, i checked on laptop box there is no mention of key and i did not get on my email from HP.

Activation.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The W10 Home product key is in the BIOS.

You don't need it to reinstall W10 Home.

Make a bootable W10 installer using the Media creation tool from the link below.  Make the 64 bit installation media.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

If you want to see the W10 OEM product key in the BIOS, run the free utility that I zipped up and attached below before you remove W10 Ent.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your quick response, i have been doing the same but still i i see Windows 10 enterprise and asking foe windows key "Go to setting message"

Do i  need to format my system first and then apply this step ?

Thanks,

Rahul

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Rahul.

You should be seeing two keys...the W10 Enterprise key and the W10 Home OEM key.

Plus you should see a description of the OEM version of Windows that is installed.

For example:  Here is the description of the OEM version of Windows the Showkey plus report generated for my PC...

OEM Description: Win 10 RTM Professional OEM:DM

If you don't see a W10 Home OEM description and OEM key, then somehow that information has been erased from the BIOS, and you would need to purchase a new version of W10 Home.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.