Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
xp envy x360 13-ag0002
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

This is my first post so I would like to say hello to everyone. My problem is most likely related to the fact that original laptop was re-partitioned - C drive was shrinked and another partition created in place of spared space on hard drive. Hidden partition became now letter E: After few weeks my Windows system has crashed and I discovered that under Windows RE screen I don't see HP Recovery tool inside "Troubleshooting" tail. I managed to install fresh system Windows 10, but it gave a birth of many other issues like: FAN speed really loud, overall performence lower than before, lags while producing movies, touch screen works intermittent. Truly speaking my only hope to fix them all is to restore windows from hidden partition. I would like to install that tool or somehow change the configuration so HP Recovery would be visible again under Windows RE options. I tried to download SP74123 but after unzipping that archive whatever I run as administrator does not show me any tool, command being launched. Can you give me some hints if my procedure is correct? I assume that original windows installation is still on restore partition because it was not touched, the only missing part is to make reference to it in Windows RE screen. So how to restore HP Restore manager using that SP74123? OR maybe there is another package/instructions ?
Thank you for all if anyone has some suggestions. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, do you want to create a recovery kit or just reinstall Windows?? 

If you just want to reinstall Windows, you can make this directly in troubleshooting.. But I recommend to you have an external media to reinstall Windows. 

It is a very recent computer, so you can use this tool for create an USB key like Recovery Manager: 

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery …

In effect few new HP models don't have Recovery Manager.. 

However it is possible recovery crash because you have changed your partitions, if you have this problem you can contact HP for buy a recovery key, or free create a media from the Microsoft Tool: 

Download Windows 10 - microsoft.com

If you use the Microsoft tool, you just need after install HP drivers.

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, do you want to create a recovery kit or just reinstall Windows?? 

If you just want to reinstall Windows, you can make this directly in troubleshooting.. But I recommend to you have an external media to reinstall Windows. 

It is a very recent computer, so you can use this tool for create an USB key like Recovery Manager: 

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery …

In effect few new HP models don't have Recovery Manager.. 

However it is possible recovery crash because you have changed your partitions, if you have this problem you can contact HP for buy a recovery key, or free create a media from the Microsoft Tool: 

Download Windows 10 - microsoft.com

If you use the Microsoft tool, you just need after install HP drivers.

I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

@PierreRivierePl 

Wanted to just add a couple of comments ...

First, if the original partitions were tampered with in any way, installing HP Recovery Manager is a waste of time -- as it will simply not work.

Second, if this model is fairly new, you might be able to use the new HP Cloud Recovery solution:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205?fbclid=IwAR2ef2zMxQ8I2zhuN0aiME07oW9phjGmnzIa1C0gz8J...

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Guys, thank you for your quick response. Thanks to you I know much more. 

I just tried HP Cloud Recovery tool but after dowloading and creating a hp recovery usb media drive I cannot make my laptop booting from that. I tried to switch into legacy in BIOS, no joy at all. That;s strange because when I click to boot from uefi file I can chose directories from connected USB drive. I found similar issue in the net but without solution...

As for now I will try once again to find HP drivers and make a benchmark to get more points that I had before. 

HP Recommended

Hello, when you are taping F9 in boot what options have you?? 

Or you can try this: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/21756-boot-usb-drive-windows-10-pc.html

HP Recommended

Hello back. Situation now has been solved and I have to admin that HP Cloud Recovery option is worth of try! My problem was that my first USB flash drive had some corrupted installation on it so it was not recognized after restart when booting. AFAIR when I created it I left my laptop to create that USB and went to other room, when came back after some time, my laptop was rebooted - I thought the creation was finished and it tried to restart and boot from it. Anyway... this time I created the USB once again but this time I made sure it was created and all CRC checked (I was watching entire process E2E). 

P.S. I am really happy because I gain again performance on my laptop and I doing benchmark I see 4 times more in overall score. After creation once again second partition I decided to create a Windows restore point and keep it on seperate flash disk. HP Cloud Recover is superb but it erases entire disk... I am still keen to understand why default setup of HP Envy witn Windows 10 has got so big advantage in performance like I don't know... maybe there is different power plan, or some registry settings enabling all cpu cores ? That would explain why in Geekbench benchmark I had almost the same results for single core test and multi-core. 

Lastly thank you very much for help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.