Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Dear Sir,

I had purchased laptop pavalion g6 1002tx

At that time I had win 7 OS,

later on before two months I installed win 10,

now I want to reinstall Win 7 again because i like that more,

I have Recovery DVD too for win 7,

But problem is this that if I will install win 7 with the help of Recovery Dvd then my all important data of about 500 GB will be lost, because installation with the help of recovery dvd will completly make my lapy in factory condition,

I dont have any external hard disk, all I have is only a slow internet connection, my laptop and recovery Dvd.

Will you please suggest how can I reinstall my original win 7 with the help of recovery dvds without losing even a 1 mb data.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You cannot. You are going to have to have some means to back up you current installation. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

You cannot. You are going to have to have some means to back up you current installation. 

HP Recommended

Copy and paste your important files to an external usb drive before you reinstall W7.

HP Recommended
Thx for your rply
Isn't there any method like with the help of any kind of software like virtual box
Or can't i install win 7 with the help of any normal Windows cd the after entering my product key i will make it genuine and then with the help of recovery dvd i can repair and install drivers?
HP Recommended

I think noone can answer this

HP Recommended

Noone can answer the way you want it answered. If you use the recovery disks you lose data. 

HP Recommended

Thankyou very much sir

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.