Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Notebook 15-da 1030 tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Team, My HP notebook was having the licensed version of Windows 10 64 bit. I bought it 1.5 years back. Now my notebook's hard drive got corrupted so I had to get a new one. Along with that i have lost my OS as well. Is there any way to get back that OS? I dont have any backup copy or product key of the same. Please guide.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey Sayandeep,

So, you've lost your OS along with HDD. Don't need to worry about that. If your laptop came with windows pre-installed regardless of any version of windows. Then you do have you digital license that is registered with microsoft with your motherboard serial number.

So, all you need to do is visit the the official windows 10 download page and make a bootable USB with Windows Creation Tool. The instructions would be provided in the download page.

Once you successfully make the bootable usb you can continue installing it in traditional way i mean the wizard method.

Yes, it will ask for product key and you just need to skip that and proceed the setup wizard with network connected and also with microsoft account logged in.

Once the setup completes go to settings and check for activation and there you can find the windows is activated with digital license linked to your microsoft account.

And if you need drivers you can simply do a full windows update. As, nowadays windows automatically detects the required drivers for your laptop and gets installed. 

But if still you face any driver issues then you can always download the drivers from HP Support website.

Also make sure the internet is connected during the windows setup wizard. As it will make you laptop gets activated automatically.

Pragadheesh
Ethical Hacker | Vulnerability Assessment Analyst
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.