Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP6005 Win 7 Pro SFF PC Compaq
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

This Pc is a refurbished computer I purchased about 6 months ago. I tried Linux on it, and then the pc stopped booting.

I have another pc with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 installed, so I used that media to install on the Hp pc, but I have

been told that as it was Windows 7 Pro 64 bit I may have problems later. I have no media for Windows 7 Pro, but have

the activation key.  Hp6005 Windows 7 Pro SFF PC  Desktop Computer Compaq

AMD Phenom(tm)11 x 4 B95 Processor

I tried to download the iso image from Microsoft, typed in the activation key, and it refers me to the manufacturer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP only sells recovery media, which you can purchase from them by calling this number in the USA/Canada.

1-800-334-5144

An alternate option would be...This site claims to have genuine, unadulterated W7 ISO files for download...

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool

Click on the link labeled Windows ISO Downloader.exe

You can use either the:

Win 7 Pro SP1 or the (Retail version, but the  OEM key on your PC's case will work with it)

Win 7 Pro SP1 COEM (This version would be for what HP would have used--System Builder)

N is for European Union (EU) countries.

K is for South Korean markets.

Then you can use this tool to transfer the file to a 4 GB USB flash drive or a DVD.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP only sells recovery media, which you can purchase from them by calling this number in the USA/Canada.

1-800-334-5144

An alternate option would be...This site claims to have genuine, unadulterated W7 ISO files for download...

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool

Click on the link labeled Windows ISO Downloader.exe

You can use either the:

Win 7 Pro SP1 or the (Retail version, but the  OEM key on your PC's case will work with it)

Win 7 Pro SP1 COEM (This version would be for what HP would have used--System Builder)

N is for European Union (EU) countries.

K is for South Korean markets.

Then you can use this tool to transfer the file to a 4 GB USB flash drive or a DVD.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for replying. As I am in Australia I will download the iso from the link you provided and also

the tool from microsoft. Very much appreciated.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I only have an old phone number for HP business PC support in Australia from 7 years ago.

61-131047

HP Recommended

Hello Paul, Thank you very much for the above. I have downloaded Windows 7 pro, and the Microsoft tool for

making bootable media, have installed Windows 7 Pro. Everything worked great. I have activated it with Microsoft,

and all the updates have downloaded and installed. There is something else I wondered if you could help me with.

Since I have had this pc I do not know what usb drivers it should have. Being a refurbished pc it is just using  Microsoft

drivers on the keyboard and mouse, but beside both there are yellow exclamation marks.

Keyboard- This device is not present, is not working properly or does not have all its drivers installed.

I have the same with the mouse, and it does not matter which port I plug them in it says this. My keyboard and mouse

both work fine with my other pc. I do not know if they should be amd drivers or not.

Display Adapter is ATI Radeon HD4200

AMD Phenom(tm)11x 4 B95 Processor

HP Recommended

Anytime.

See if installing the amd chipset drivers resolves the problem.

Download and install the 1st driver on the list and restart the PC.

The webpage description is incorrect.   These are not display drivers.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy4&os=Windows%207%20-%2064

If that doesn't resolve the problem, right click on the devices with the ! marks, select uninstall, check the uninstall driver box if applicable and restart the PC.

Hopefully the drivers will install correctly the 2nd time around.

HP Recommended

Hello again Paul, Thank you for your reply. I did download from amd and it just updated the sata controller, which is fine.

I found the problem. When I clicked on show hidden devices under device manager, Microsoft had 2 drivers for the

keyboard and 2 for the mouse. I found the file that the yellow exclamation mark was beside and deleted it, restarted

the pc and now there are no yellow exclamation marks, and each device has only one driver beside it. The file I deleted

was under Windows/system32/Drivers/i8042 prt.sys. I deleted the file as just uninstalling the drivers and restarting

the pc caused them to reinstall again. So problem all gone. Thank you for all of your help.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.