Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi,  I have a similar problem with HP EliteBook  8530P  switching on the drive light flashes orange and I get nothing on the screen, I have tried all the previous posts and even put an empty hard drive in and reset the memory and hard reset the laptop, but still nothing and the bios reset doesn't work either, I get nothing on the screen.

Any help please?

HP Recommended

I'm having same issue, replaced battery that did not do the trick.  Plug in, light stays on for 2 seoncds then goes off.  With battery out, plugged in - light comes on for a few secocnds white, then goes off.  Will not power on.  Will not charge.  Computer will not turn on, even with battery removed.  I'm thinking it's the DC Power adapter, but don't want to replace if that's not the issue.  Even tried brand new charging cable, same symptoms, which is what leads me to believe it's the DC Power adapter.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Mine turned out to be a screen failure, can be fixed but the cost outweighs buying another laptop so decided to scrap the laptop.  Hope you fare better

Good Luck

HP Recommended

HP charger plugged in but white lite isn't orange

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.