Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith1546
6 4 0 0
Message 11 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp laptop won’t turn on, orange light when plugged in/ press power light turns white

Hi,  I have a similar problem with HP EliteBook  8530P  switching on the drive light flashes orange and I get nothing on the screen, I have tried all the previous posts and even put an empty hard drive in and reset the memory and hard reset the laptop, but still nothing and the bios reset doesn't work either, I get nothing on the screen.

Any help please?

0 Kudos
tdogg990
1 1 0 0
Message 12 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp laptop won’t turn on, orange light when plugged in/ press power light turns white

I'm having same issue, replaced battery that did not do the trick.  Plug in, light stays on for 2 seoncds then goes off.  With battery out, plugged in - light comes on for a few secocnds white, then goes off.  Will not power on.  Will not charge.  Computer will not turn on, even with battery removed.  I'm thinking it's the DC Power adapter, but don't want to replace if that's not the issue.  Even tried brand new charging cable, same symptoms, which is what leads me to believe it's the DC Power adapter.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Keith1546
6 4 0 0
Message 13 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mine turned out to be a screen failure, can be fixed but the cost outweighs buying another laptop so decided to scrap the laptop.  Hope you fare better

Good Luck

0 Kudos
loujones
1 1 0 0
Message 14 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP charger plugged in but white lite isn't orange

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation