Lgiuliani
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hp pavilion 360 freezing or randomly restrating

HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion x360 convertible 11m-ad0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey the last few days my laptop has been increasingly freezing to the point where the clock will stop, theres no arow, no key comands can do anything and i have to hold the power button down. also it will just randomly restart other times. 

Sometimes this happens while im watching netflix or running a program but it has also happened while nothing is running. When i have just turned my computer on and i walk away for a moment and come back it will just be frozen on the desktop with the clock stuck on the time when it froze. It happens anywhere from every couple of hours to every 10 minutes just depending on who knows what.

-I bought a cooling pad, has not helped.

-I restored my pc to a month ago when i did not have these problems, hasn't helped.

-scanned for virus, shows there is none

-went thru and deleted things, minimized settings so computer doesnt have to work as hard, i have enough space and 3.84 gb usable ram out of my 4gb

-This has happened both when wifi is turned on and off.

I bought this computer exactly a year ago, maybe $350 computers only last a year and im doomed??? 

Im really not tech savy at all and kinda used to macs but my friend is going to try to help me so maybe your suggestions could help him...im in mexico studying Spanish right now otherwise i would walk into the best buy where i bought it and be like **bleep** help! Lol. But this is a huge problem as i teach online and am being penalized by my company everytime my computer does this 😞 

1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,396 2,334
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Lgiuliani,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!  I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues related to your notebook. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. We value your relationship with HP and wish to serve you better.

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Did it begin after a recent windows or software update?
  • Have you tried to update the Bios on your computer?
  • Have you tried to check in the bios if it restarts?

While you respond to that, here are a few things you can do:

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

Run a System diagnostics test as well as an extensive test on the Hard drive and Memory from F2 (Please capture the failure ID for further assistance).

If the test fails, I recommend you contact our HP phone support for further assistance.

It takes about 2 hours to run. If it restarts during the system tests, then the issue is clearly hardware related and the unit needs to be serviced. If any component fails and displays a failure code, please make a note of it and contact HP phone support also, to get the unit serviced.

If the test passes, I would suggest you try to update the Bios, Chipset and graphics card drivers on your computer from our HP Support website, using this link.

Meanwhile, I recommend you to follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

HP PCs - Computer Locks Up or Freezes (Windows 10, 😎

The best way to do that is using the HP Guided troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Alternatively, you can go through this link which should be helpful: HP PCs - The Computer Restarts Unexpectedly (Windows 10, 😎

Hope this answers your question.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation