Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp 255 g7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, 

I bought a freeDOS laptop, hp 255 g7. After installing OS and driver I'd like to install a tool I have on another hp laptop, the tool is hp recovery manager. I liked that tool because it takes a portion of the hard drive and keeps there an image not greater than 14GB with OS and driver installed.

Do you know if it is possible to download this sw also for freedos laptop?

Other tools like the one in Windows 10 creates larger backups.

Thank you in advance,

Rocco.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

It isn't possible because your PC came with FreeDOS.

There is no recovery manager software for the 255 G7.

There is now the cloud recovery client tool, which is used create bootable USB recovery media to factory reset the PC, but the notebook had to have come with W10 installed by HP.

What I suggest you do is to use the free Macrium Reflect software to create a system image once you have the PC set up the way you want.   You can store the image on a portable hard drive, and the software will have you make a bootable rescue DVD or USB flash drive you boot from to access the system image on your portable hard drive.   You can create new system images anytime you want.

https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree?x-ca=blog

HP Recommended

Thank you so much, I will use the software you mentioned. I asked for hp hp recovery manager because on my other laptop is really useful and also robust for a full recovery (through the uefi page access).

Best regards.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.