Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hey there!

It was working fine bfore but not anymore! I also did a factory reset but the problem is still there.

Model:

HP Spectre x360 - 15-bl018ca
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I reset the TPM chip to factory default which enabled it for use (There are onscreen instructions on how to reset it in the bios).  Then I booted into windows and it fixed it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi there,

You may want to try out these steps from Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/3169080/facial-recognition-logon-doesn-t-work-after-you-app...

This issue may be caused by a recent Windows update that results in a conflicting Group Policy setting. Do let us know if this solution works, hope it helps.

Regards,

Jon

I work on behalf of HP, anything posted are my own personal input, and not from HP - Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'thanks' if you accept my solution!

You can make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended
I'm using Windows 10 Home edition so I do not have access to gpedit.
How ever I used a bat script and did what that page was saying.
No difference, issue is still there.

Any other solutions?
HP Recommended

Hello @saaniaki

Ive been following this subject since the CU first came out and broke functionality on the HP IR cam and HP consumer laptops.

There has been no official fix for this so far and I doubt there will be.

What has worked for one person, doesnt work on the next.

One guy I worked with, did get his X360 working again, but it involved upgrading the OS to Win 10 Pro.

It seemed to be a permissions issue involving Bitlocker and the TPM. When he upgraded to Pro and then enabled TPM in the bios (first he reset the TPM to factory defaults to clear out existing settings, then enabled it), then facial rec in Hello worked again. Thread link...

He had done the group policy telemetry fixes prior and that did not work.

Another guy reinstalled his IR cam drivers and that worked, but several others tried updating and no go.

Not saying you should upgrade to Pro, just saying thats what worked for one person.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

I reset the TPM chip to factory default which enabled it for use (There are onscreen instructions on how to reset it in the bios).  Then I booted into windows and it fixed it.

HP Recommended

OK so resetting TPM as I said, did work in Windows Home version also. 

Good to know.

Thanks for the update.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.