Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-e0000 (2V9A0AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I boughy some kingston 3200mhz ram 1.2v the only difference from the original ram being the CL being 22. The fans are running, the light indicator is on and yet theres only a black screen. What should I do? Ive updated bios before installing the new ram

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Saddage 

Remove new RAM and run on old RAM ONLY then return it to get your money back to buy compatible RAM. What is your  PC 16-e0000 (2V9A0AV) machine ? It could be one of the following over 70 machines

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/product-specs/victus-by-hp-16.1-inch-gaming-laptop-pc-16-e0000/...

For example :    Victus by HP Laptop 16-e0043nr

Your machine should use SAME RAM as the above machine therefore you can use the following compatible RAM

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Saddage 

Remove new RAM and run on old RAM ONLY then return it to get your money back to buy compatible RAM. What is your  PC 16-e0000 (2V9A0AV) machine ? It could be one of the following over 70 machines

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/product-specs/victus-by-hp-16.1-inch-gaming-laptop-pc-16-e0000/...

For example :    Victus by HP Laptop 16-e0043nr

Your machine should use SAME RAM as the above machine therefore you can use the following compatible RAM

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply, I can't seem to find the ram sticks recommended on the online shopping app in my country. If I'm trying to look for compatible ram, should I just go for same CL, same speed, and same voltage? Or will there still be a huge difference even considering all those factors?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.