Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-d0000 (2V8U8AV)
Microsoft Windows 11
IMG_2500.jpeg

Product: Victus By HP 16.1 Inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-D0000 (2V8U8AV)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11

Subject: HP Vectus 16 BIOS Issue - Seeking Expert Assistance

Dear [Support Team/Technical Experts],

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out regarding an intricate issue with my HP Vectus 16 laptop, specifically related to the BIOS. Despite my efforts to troubleshoot, I have encountered persistent challenges, and I am seeking professional guidance to resolve the matter.

The primary concern revolves around the CMOS checksum error, notably displayed as "CMOS Reset (502)" on a blue screen. Despite diligently updating the BIOS to the latest version through the official HP website and exhaustively researching potential solutions online, I have yet to find a resolution.

This error intermittently manifests, causing disruptions such as system freezes, particularly when engaged in resource-intensive tasks such as video editing. The impediments posed by these interruptions impact my productivity significantly.

I kindly request your expertise in diagnosing and rectifying this BIOS-related issue. Your prompt attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated, as it hampers the seamless functioning of my HP Vectus 16.

Please let me know if additional information or diagnostic logs are required to assist in identifying and resolving the problem. I am eager to collaborate with your team to restore optimal performance to my laptop.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best regards, Walden Rooijer 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Wawi1 ,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the persistent CMOS checksum error (502) on your HP Victus 16 gaming laptop. We understand the importance of resolving this issue promptly to restore optimal performance and productivity.

To provide you with the best assistance, we recommend the following steps:

Update BIOS Firmware:

• Ensure that you have installed the latest BIOS firmware available for your HP Victus 16 model. Double-check the version to confirm that it matches the most recent release.

Reset BIOS to Default Settings:

• Access the BIOS settings during the system boot-up (usually by pressing Esc, F1, F2, or Del key).
  • Navigate to the "Exit" or "Advanced" tab and select the option to load default settings.
  • Save the changes and exit the BIOS.

Clear CMOS:

• Physically clear the CMOS settings by either removing the CMOS battery or using the clear CMOS jumper on the motherboard. Ensure the laptop is powered off and disconnected from any power source before attempting this.

Hardware Inspection:

• Check for any loose or faulty hardware components, especially the CMOS battery. If possible, try replacing the CMOS battery with a new one.

Diagnostic Logs:

• If the issue persists, please provide us with any error logs or additional diagnostic information. This can aid in a more accurate diagnosis of the problem.

Please refer to this document : HP PCs - 500, 501, or 502 error displays on a black screen | HP® Customer Support

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239

HP Support

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.