Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Victus 16
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recieved a bios update on the hp victus laptop and after the update was completed the laptop didn't booted the screen is just flashing by itself and there is no more firmware on the hp site that i can use to flash through usb 

Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I also have the same situation as you. Perhaps HP made an error BIOS boot file in version F.10 Rev.A, so when you install the machine does not boot up and when we create a bootable USB from this file, it also gives the same error.
My way is to click on the older version section and download the BIOS file F.09 Rev.A and create a bootable USB from another computer.

Link download F.09 Rev.A 

Then I turned off the computer.
Plug the power source into the computer.
Plug the newly created USB Boot into any USB port.
Press and hold Windows + B button.
Press the power button to light up and release while still hold Windows key + B. In about 10 seconds, the screen light will light up and the machine will automatically restore Bios in about 15 minutes to complete. I just finished and posted this tutorial for you guys. Hope to help you!
Hopefully HP will be more careful in future BIOS updates. Horrible I just received this computer yesterday afternoon.

View solution in original post

61 REPLIES 61
HP Recommended

EN

Good afternoon, comrades.

I am in the same situation. Last night (09.24) the HP manager suggested updating the BIOS, I gave the go-ahead, started the process and went to bed. I got up in the morning, I think the system rebooted, I start to turn it on, and the screen is black. When you turn on the laptop, the screen blinks (just some microseconds) and nothing else.
What I have tried:
1. Key combination (Win + B, Win + V) to bring up the BIOS interface and flash via a USB flash drive. It didn’t help, I can’t call the interface, the keyboard shortcut doesn’t help.
2. I tried to pull out the battery, as well as the RAM. It did not lead to anything positive.
3. I tried to discharge the residual charge, pulled out the battery and held the power button. Did not help.

@ Sankeet12, did you manage to start the BIOS interface. Do you know if there is a BIOS battery in this laptop.

My config:
HP VICTUS 16-e0012ur
Ryzen 7 5800H
Nvidia 3060 6GB

RU
Добрый день, товарищи. 

Я нахожусь в такой же ситуации. Вчера вечером (24.09) менеджер  HP предложил обновить BIOS, я дал добро, запустил процесс и ушел спать. С утра встал, думаю система перезагрузилась, начинаю включать, а экран черный. При включении ноутбука экран моргает (прям микросекунды какие то) и больше ничего. 
Что я пробовал:
1. Комбинация клавиш (Win+B, Win+V), чтобы вызвать интерфейс BIOS и перепрошить через флешку. Не помогло, не могу вызвать интерфейс, комбинация клавиш не помогает. 
2. Пробовал вытащить аккумулятор, а также оперативку. Ни к чему положительному не привело. 
3. Пробовал разрядить остаточный заряд, вытащил аккум и держал кнопку питания. Не помогло. 

@Санкеет12, удалось ли у вас запустить интерфейс биоса. Знаете ли вы, имеется ли батарейка BIOS в данном ноутбуке. 

Моя конфигурация:
HP VICTUS 16-e0012ur
Ryzen 7 5800H
Nvidia 3060 6GB

HP Recommended

Did you find any fix im having same problem

HP Recommended

im really shocked of what hp have gone for with this bad update that literally ruined all of my experience i literally didnt expect that

HP Recommended

Please post a solution. Anyone?

HP Recommended

tell me when u find it pls

HP Recommended

I had same issue. Managed to rollback this update:

1. Turn off, connect power
  2. Hold Win + B
  3. Turn on (hold power button about 1-2 sec), while still holding Win + B
  4. Still holding Win + B wait untill screen lights up and rollback process starts

After rollback it works as before

HP Recommended

I managed to get the CMOS rollback interface, but after the setup completes, I can't turn it on either. How could HP pushes faulty BIOS update? Please help

HP Recommended

Tried the method with Win key + B , it didn't work. Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

I have tried every possible thing i can do at last i called the hp service they told me that a technician will come with 5 working days and today i called the technician assigned to know the status and he said that a new motherboard is ordered and is not recieved till now . As soon as that is received we will replace it under warranty. 

I guess that's the only thing hp can do 🤷

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.