Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 360 convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Like i said i want to update my bios from f.24 to f.26 but I am unable to do so. Everytime I run the installer and restart my PC, it boots normally and then I go to check my bios version and it remains the same, f.24. I need immediate help because I have repeated this process over and over again and have even reset my bios to the original version and then tried installing but i never works.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community. Welcome back.

I need to ask you why  you want to update the BIOS ?  

Personally, I do not recommend you do it unless you experience some issues with your existing BIOS and you are sure that the new BIOS will fix it.

General recommendation I provide to users/customers is NOT to upgrade BIOS/UEFI unless they experience any kind of specific BIOS/UEFI issue. Updating just for updaing and just for using the latest verson is not solution. Any kind of update (no matter for what and who relesed it) can fix 2 issues but may introduce 10 more issues. Additionally, upgrading the BIOS (for any vendor) poses more risks because BIOS recovery is not that easy as compared to typical software updates IF something goes wrong.

Same applies for Windows Updates, OS update, drivers updates, etc - upgrade/update IF you have issues which you know are fixed in the newer version or for some severe security issues. Otherwise, keep the existing version as long as possible.

Here is an additional reading on this matter >> https://www.howtogeek.com/136881/htg-explains-do-you-need-to-update-your-computers-bios/

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

If you still insist on updating it, you may read the official HP article and try different methods such as from a USB device >> https://support.hp.com/emea_africa-en/document/c00042629

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

I want to enable triple threading but in my current bios version, the advanced tab isnt there so updating it should solve the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.