Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-s0000 (76T53AV)

i have an hp s0047nt laptop.its been 2 months since i got it. about 10 days ago i opened it and the screen didnt open. it doesnt have an oled screen so its not pitch black,i can see it shining a little bit. while trying to figure out how to fix it ive found out that if i press the power key a second for 2 times(making it go into sleeping mode and open again) and it opens up. the thing is i have to do this over and over again to work. like i do this 10 times and the first 9 gives me black screen and the 10th one works. when it opens,it works with no problems. i did some stress tests and it works pretty good. and ive tried everything(updated windows,used troubleshooting tools,updated bios,refreshed drivers and reupladed them too etc.) any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @ngxxx,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've already done a fair amount of troubleshooting on your own. Since the issue seems to be related to the screen not turning on properly, despite the laptop itself functioning fine once it's on, there are a few potential causes you could explore.

• Hardware Issue: It's possible that there's a hardware problem with the screen or its connection to the laptop's internals. 
  • Power Management Settings: It could be related to power management settings. Try adjusting the power settings in Windows to see if that makes any difference. You can try changing settings related to sleep, hibernate, or display timeout.
  • Graphics Driver: Even though you've updated the drivers, it's worth double-checking if there are any newer versions available directly from HP's website or the manufacturer of your graphics card. Sometimes, Windows Update may not provide the latest drivers.
  • BIOS Settings: Sometimes, BIOS settings can affect how the laptop behaves. Ensure that all settings related to power management and display are configured correctly. You've mentioned updating the BIOS, but ensure it's the latest version available for your laptop model.
  • External Factors: Consider if there are any external factors that could be affecting the screen, such as magnetic interference or excessive heat buildup. Ensure that the laptop is placed on a flat, stable surface with proper ventilation.
  • System Restore: If you've recently installed any software or made changes to settings before the issue started occurring, you could try performing a system restore to revert your laptop to a previous state where it was functioning correctly.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.