Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop PC 15-eg2000 (4U8D6AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello sir, I have a battery issue, battery gets discharged early and on task bar battery does not show exact percentage of remaining battery level. all over the period it shows particularly same level of percentage of battery. like all over the period its shows 74 % remaining battery but after 15 min battery gets discharged. so, it's not showing correct battery level. kindly fix this problem.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @ankur1990 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.   

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand your laptop's battery indicator isn't accurately reflecting the actual battery level, and you're experiencing premature battery discharge. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue:

• Calibrate the Battery: Sometimes, recalibrating the battery can help the system accurately measure its capacity. To do this, fully charge your laptop, then allow it to discharge completely until it shuts down. Afterward, recharge it back to full capacity without interruption.
  • Update Drivers and Firmware: Ensure that your laptop's drivers and firmware are up-to-date, including any battery-related drivers or firmware.  Software and Drivers for HP Pavilion Laptop 15-eg2014TU 
  • Check Power Settings: Windows has power management settings that can affect battery usage. Make sure your power plan settings are optimized for battery life. You can adjust these settings by going to Control Panel > Power Options.
  • Run Battery Diagnostics: Many laptops have built-in battery diagnostic tools that can help identify issues. Check if your laptop has any diagnostic tools provided by HP and run them to see if they detect any problems with the battery.
  • Reset Battery Settings: Sometimes, resetting the battery settings can resolve issues with inaccurate battery readings. You can usually do this through the BIOS or UEFI settings on your laptop.
  • Replace the Battery: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it's possible that your battery is faulty and needs to be replaced. 

Refer to this document: HP Pavilion Laptop PC 15-eg2000 User manual

Update the firmware on an HP printer

HP Notebook PCs - Battery does not power notebook or hold a charge

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.