Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I have recently reset my laptop to factory reset and I'm now stuck on the setup process. I can't seem to get passed the point where it says "lets set things up for work or school" I don't have a work or school email for this to be linked to as this is my own personal computer. I'm thinking it's something to do with the windows 11 that was installed some time ago now. It seems to me that my laptop which was expensive is now bricked. Please help if you can and it will be much appreciated. Thank 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Go back in the stage of the W11 setup process where you are asked to connect to a network.

Then read the guidance at the link below, for how to set up a local account in W11, regardless of if you can connect to a network or not.

How to bypass internet connection to install Windows 11 - Pureinfotech

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.