01-15-2020 10:04 AM
I just updated my simple pass and now i can't log into my computer. It acts like it is trying to open windows but it just keeps looping back to the please wait. I have tried powering down but that didn't help
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-15-2020 12:09 PM
It's been a minute since I supported Simplepass.
Depending on what is happening, a Hard Stop-Start may help the system sort whatever happened.
Whether it works depends on a number of factors including:
- The "SimplePass" software you installed was the right version for your OS.
The latest / last version of this software about which I am aware is
- Whether the fingerprint driver you have is the correct one for your computer and that it is compatible with SimplePass later versions.
- Whether the actual problem is just a "tangle" of the Fast Boot or related startup options
- Whether the Operating System is healthy and undamaged
Forced Restart / Boot / Hard Stop-Start
IF a BIOS update is just stuck / stubborn / frozen-in-place half way through the update / boot process,
If there are boot issues that prevent a complete or clean boot of the Operating System,
IF there is not actually anything wrong with the windows installation or the File System,
The following procedure might resolve the issue.
- Unplug everything, including power and all other externally connected components
- Press and hold down the power button for thirty (30) to forty (40) seconds
- Release the power button
- Plug in only basic components needed to start / boot the computer
- Desktop: Connect Power, wired mouse and keyboard, HDMI to monitor (and monitor is powered on)
- Notebook: Connect AC Power
- Switch on the system with power button - Click power and release (as for normal boot)
Hoped for Results:
- System switches on, monitor active, mouse and keyboard responsive
If the issue was a "stuck" BIOS update:
- Screen shows the BIOS update window with choices: cancel / update
- Wait several seconds; stare at it and contemplate actions. (The process will continue on its own after about 10-20 seconds)
- BIOS update continues, completes, and reboots the system
When the system reboots,
- Log in
- Connect LAN (Ethernet)
- Connect other components (USB, external webcam, speakers...)
- General housekeeping (checks, more staring at it)
Reference and Resources – Places to find help and learn about your Device
Clarification of terms and "what the device can do" (Specifications)
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic
Open Support Home
Enter the name of your device
Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.
We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.
2020 Year of Rat
01-18-2020 06:41 PM
Thank you Dragon-fur for the reply. I had to go out of town so didn't get a chance to look at it until today.It didn't work so I ended up basically resetting the laptop and ended up with a cleared system. I lost several programs but I guess it could have been worse.
Thank you again for your help.