Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I keep getting a BSOD with ipeaklwf.sys as the cause but I don't have HP Velocity installed on my computer. I have surfed the web and many sites including HP's have singled out HP Velocity as the culprit. I don't have HP Velocity installed so I'm trying to figure out a way to delete ipeaklwf.sys. I tried to delete it through the cmd interface and my access was denied. I navigated to it via C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ipeaklwf.sys and tried to delete it manually and a message pops up that says LiveQOS is currently using the file and it can't be deleted. Please help the random BSOD is really getting annoying and I need my computer to do work over the internet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to start W10 in safe mode and see if you can then delete the file that way.

Safe mode starts Windows in a very basic mode so hopefully the LiveQOS program won't be accessing the file

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

HP Recommended

Thanks I'll try it out tommorow and get back to you.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.