Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g7-1150us
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello everyone.

As you may read the issue is this.

Due to hardware problems I have to reinstall my windows copy, to this i have been in 3 scenarios, My hdd had no more recovery partition to get my factory reset as all hp laptops. The sticker below my laptop containing my original windows serial key is unreadable, i have already created an account for the HP technical support but i find no way of contact due to "expired warranty". Contacting windows technical suport the said the manufacurer (in this case HP) has to provide me my windows serial key by providing the serial code of my computer (which I have), so this is my last card, i already opened a case with hp with a case number but its been a week and I have no answer and now i cant create a new case because the only options I have are talking with the virtual assistant and open a thread in this forum.

Please help 😞

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@KevinB98 

Unfortunately, once again, it seems that Microsoft is excusing themselves by providing misleading information.  HP keeps no records of individual Windows product keys associated with individual PCs.  So, the information MS provided you is false -- there is no license information we can provide you.

Does the PC still boot into Windows 7? If so, you can download this utility, install and run it, and it will retrieve the product key which you can then save or print off:  https://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/2577-showkeyplus.html

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.