Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilon×360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello I need to find out who the admin is for my computer. Its being managed by someone and I don't know why.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Sevenbody 

There is NO ONE administering your computer -- so you're looking for someone that does not exist.

If you are seeing an error message, please provide us the full text of the error message and under what conditions you are seeing it.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Well certainly I dont believe your answer is out of whole cloth because im sure your likely correct. However, that issue is the remote cause fir my inquiry. The proximate cause is that im discovering that my computer is being managed. The immediate step I found was to discover who is the administrator for my computer. Thats why I asked the question and I now need to figure why I'm being managed by  an organization. Any thoughts? Thanks again for your time and consideration on this matter.

HP Recommended

@Sevenbody 

I asked you specifically for the error message -- because some such messages are erroneous feedback from Windows Update and have NOTHING to do with anyone or anything else managing your PC. But if you won't provide the information requested, we can't help you.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Well its apparent that you asked specifically for the error message. However, there was no error message. In the top right corner tap on menu or options( The three or four dot ) then all the way at the bottom it says im being managed by my organization. I did some research and I am indeed being managed. However I bought the computer new and rarely use it myself let alone someone else. So im a little baffled. Thanks again for the quick reply I appreciate any and all guidance you may have.

HP Recommended

The poster is correct and Expert WAWood is wrong. I have the same problem as this poster does. There is an Admin controlling, viewing and spying on the computer user. I have over 200 screen shoots to prove it. HP does not show the images that are being uploaded so give me an email and I will send them all to you. 

I have a support ticket requesting for HP to give me another HP that is built in USA and does not have a WLAN networking board from China.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.