Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillon ENVY dv7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, few months ago, I got a big problem. I got a screw stucked in my fan compartiment. It makes a horrible noise. I managed to block the fan with the screw in it, and for now 2 months, I'm controlling my pc temp using two pad cooler. So I know how to deal with that.

But now it makes the horrible noise again and want to find a way to completely shut down the fan.

Yeah I know. I could bring it somewhere to repair it but I don't want to spend more money on it because I'm gonna build a gaming pc in few months. (Please don't say that it's now a good idea I know how to cool it to 70°C while making montage.

P.S: I already tried to turn off "Fan always on" in the Bios and it's still running. Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

i will use your username to explain to the situation here.

The CPU fan must stay on special when  temps are high.

"I'm controlling my pc temp using two pad cooler. So I know how to deal with that" - this is meen that you really DO NOT KNOW  to deal with it . At the moment no only the cpu but your GPU is goind to burn. you lost the basic line of logical incoming air and out going air. the only think that you dealing at the moment is the warning messsage that machine will make hands and slap you. 

Cause with the pad you push the air back to laptop that the laptop has no air to take out(logical at the moment that the fan is not working). so the 70 C is in theory. you gpu temps ? at 70 or 75 that for sure is touching there. its seem that you mainboard will start dealing with graphics errors. 

Open the machine fix the fan and never again deal like that on pc special on laptop. any think over 45 C special  gpu will be dead soon ! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

i will use your username to explain to the situation here.

The CPU fan must stay on special when  temps are high.

"I'm controlling my pc temp using two pad cooler. So I know how to deal with that" - this is meen that you really DO NOT KNOW  to deal with it . At the moment no only the cpu but your GPU is goind to burn. you lost the basic line of logical incoming air and out going air. the only think that you dealing at the moment is the warning messsage that machine will make hands and slap you. 

Cause with the pad you push the air back to laptop that the laptop has no air to take out(logical at the moment that the fan is not working). so the 70 C is in theory. you gpu temps ? at 70 or 75 that for sure is touching there. its seem that you mainboard will start dealing with graphics errors. 

Open the machine fix the fan and never again deal like that on pc special on laptop. any think over 45 C special  gpu will be dead soon ! 

HP Recommended
Actually, I think that you are right. I just want to keep that pc running until I get my built pc. And on speed fan the gpu is at 0. The temp sensor should be dead... thanks for replying ! I know that my situation is really dumb. But it was my only way to keep it cooled without being forced to remove the screw inside. Thanks.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.