Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ProBook 6560b
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi All, Hi Hp,

I have seen in my Miscrosoft update history of my laptop that quite a while ago Service Pack 1 for Win7 did not install. At that time I missed this message. So it passed.  Other Security updates went well afterwards.

Now, installing the newest iTunes that I (it seems) absolutely need for connecting to a new Apple device fails because it needs that Service Pack 1. But I can't get it installed on my computer since it repeats saying "The update does not apply for your computer" or "Restart your computer to continue the installation". But at the end nothing is done. tried a variety of web site guided solution. But nothing really fits.

Computer still boots fine.

So my idea : I want an ISO preferably with SP1 included or else I will try to start with a clean Win7 install (but I fear I will no longer find all the updates to install before SP1, for SP1 itself and after SP1).

The 25# character product code for Win7 I found in the battery compartiment.

It refers to Windows 7 Pro OA 64bit.

The MSoft site (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7) that delivers ISOs when entering the product code points at the vendor since it refers to a pre-installed Win7 ProBook. They can not help. 

Also the "https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool" site does not give me a solution since the list of Win7 ISOs stays empty. 

My laptop is installed in a legit way.

A bootable DVD was not included in the purchase.

I have an empty bootable stick waiting for the ISO though.

Thanks for your help !

Rgds,

Luc - Belgium

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have two suggestions for you...

1.  Call HP in Belgium and order a W7 installation disk for your model.  Have the serial number handy to give to the customer servies rep.

Belgium

Technical Support

Dutch language ................................................................................070-300-005

French language ...............................................................................070-300-004

2.  This site claims to have genuine, unadulterated W7 ISO files for download...

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool

Click on the link labeled Windows ISO Downloader.exe

Select the Win 7 Pro SP1 COEM (This version would be for what HP would have used--System Builder).

Hopefully that file will work with the product key your notebook has.  It will in the USA/Canada, not sure about other countries.

HP Recommended

That is quick 🙂 thx !

I will follow point (1).

Point (2) does not work since the list to select the appropriate ISO from for Win7 never gets populated. Me together with a couple of other victims experienced this. The solution was never found and the threads to be followed were way too technical an were digging deeply with a variety of tools to download and things like that.

Do you know if Hp could provide me with an ISO with SP1 included ?

Thx,

Luc

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't know whether or not the installation disk for your notebook will be SP1 or not.

It depends on if SP1 was in effect when your notebook came out.

Yours was introduced to market in 2011, I believe.  I don't remember when SP1 was released.

The ISO downloader...I take it you tried the 'regular' W7 Pro download, and it doesn't work with the key?

Because I have no problem selecting W7 pro in any language when I run the utility.

If you let me know what language version of Windows 7 Pro you want, I will send you the direct download link that I can generate with the utility.

HP Recommended

That would be great ... I use Dutch as a language.

Thx

Luc

HP Recommended

Hi:

Here's the direct link to the W7 Pro SP1 64 bit Dutch ISO file...the link is good for up to 24 hours from the time I posted it.

https://software-download.microsoft.com/pr/Win7_Pro_SP1_Dutch_x64.iso?t=a7bab14a-d53e-4866-8fa9-c2b2...

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul ! Got it.

One small additional question.

I used two different freeware tools for obtaining the product code (from the registry) that belongs to the Windows version I currently run on my PC.

Both codes obtained were identical so the tools are OK.

But afterwards I read that for pre-installed Windows OS that code is useless and one should use the product code that is mentioned in the battery compartiment.

I found that code on that location in my laptop and indeed they differ.

Question : your ISO will work with the product code that was mentioned on the label in my PC ?

It will not lock up ?

Rgds

Luc

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Luc.

That is the question I can't answer.

I do not believe the key that you got from the Windows registry will work.

In the USA/Canada, the key off the sticker works.

I don't know if it will work in Belgium.

You see, there are different versions of Windows where you live.  EU countries are supposed to be using Windows N.

PC's used in the European Union countries have different product keys, because the features in the N and KN Editions are the same as their equivalent full versions, but do not include Windows Media Player or other Windows Media-related technologies, such as Windows Media Center and Windows DVD Maker.

The cost of the N and KN Editions are the same as the full versions, as the Media Feature Pack for Windows 7 N or Windows 7 KN can be downloaded without charge from Microsoft.

That is because of some law the EU has when they ruled against Microsoft many years ago.

So, I don't know if your notebook has a N key or a 'regular' Windows key.

So, if your original W7 installation included the above software, and you didn't install it afterward, the key will probably work.

If your original W7 installation did not include the above software, then the key probably will not work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.