Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
8770w
Microsoft Windows 11

How to use secure boot to install windows , every time I change the bios to secure boot it won’t see my flash disk and if I choose legacy then I disable secure boot , so how I can use secure boot and install the windows 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well I spend long time online to find out how to secure boot windows 11 and too bad I couldn’t find anything useful , all steps I have found including Your solution doesn’t work for me but I keep trying and figure out my self till I succeed and found my own solution, finally 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

Use Rufus to create a bootable W11 installation flash drive.

Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way

There is an option to set Rufus to bypass the W11 hardware requirements which you will have to do because your notebook's processor and TPM 1.2 security device do not meet the W11 requirements.

Also select the GPT partition scheme.

If your notebook does not have an option to disable secure boot by itself, even with legacy mode enabled you should still have an option to boot from EFI boot sources such as a UEFI flash drive.

You don't even need to install W11 in efi mode with secure boot enabled.

It works fine in legacy mode just like W10 does.

I have W11 working just fine in a much older HP Elitebook 6930p in legacy mode.

HP Recommended

Well I installed windows 11 already in mine but with different way but still I can see that it say my win 11 not support my laptop coz my secure boot not enable , which way I want enable secure boot but every time I do that I have no option to install clean copy of win 11 even after I use ruffle that on my flash drive so I don’t know , I have 3 option in my bios one I can choose legacy and the secure boot will be off , second I can use UEFI with I don’t remember it’s some sort letters like cm and there’s option I use UEFI without and every time I use the other option never work or find my flash drive only if I use legacy that way I can use my usb flash drive 

HP Recommended

Interesting...

What happens though if you have Rufus set to the GPT partition scheme?

If it boots from the flash drive like that, it should install W11 in EFI mode and if it does you should then be able to turn the secure boot setting on.

HP Recommended

No the boot wont see the flash drive I installed my win 11 from win 10 upgrade after I change TPM in regedit but I want to use secure boot and I don’t know how 

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I don't either.

I have an old HP 8200 Elite CMT that has a UEFI BIOS, but no secure boot and it had a list of both UEFI and legacy boot devices.

All I needed to do was to boot from the Rufus-created w11 GPT flash drive, which showed up under the list of UEFI boot devices.

HP Recommended

I don’t know I start to thinking maybe coz my flash drive is 2T maybe I need to use smaller size ? But at the same time I want keep the sure boot on I’m confused 

HP Recommended

Can You send me screenshot of the option for Your bios UEFI to see if it’s the same as I have or not 

HP Recommended

Well I spend long time online to find out how to secure boot windows 11 and too bad I couldn’t find anything useful , all steps I have found including Your solution doesn’t work for me but I keep trying and figure out my self till I succeed and found my own solution, finally 

HP Recommended

I will reply last time for this post for any one still looking for answer to this post , I’m talking about hp 8770w workstation, You do have secure boot first thing You need to do is :

1-convert Your HDD or SSD to gpt you can use mini tool partition it’s easy or from the windows 

2-make USB bootable using Microsoft website go to download center and choose USB not iso file and don’t use any other tools 

3-now we going to the motherboard bios once the laptop start hit escape or f10 then go to security , boot, looking for Eufi and legacy choose EUFI without csm then above that mark on the secure boot and save the setting Your laptop will restart 

4- put USB flash and the laptop will boot using EUFI just hit f9 choose boot from USB and You done continue install win 11 

that’s how I did to my laptop and my laptop is good and this way it’s the safest way don’t follow other people and put any other file or mess with regedit in Your window 

and if You have any problem just message me I will help you 🍸

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.