Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 M6-AQ103DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am planning to do a clean installation on my notebook since there are many problems which I am facing. I even tried to reset the Windows (using the built in tools) but even then all the problems were not solved. In general i just want to do a clean installation.

The notebook came preinstalled with Windows 10 Home (not single language).

I currently have the Windows 10 Home Fall Creators ISO file (the same edition which came preinstalled with my device). The license is digitally linked with my Microsoft account.

I don't want to install from the recovery discs (from my OEM i.e HP) as that would take another 4-5 days to get the device completely ready for my work (lots of updates, configuration, installation and all).

My question is that - Can I install Windows 10 Home from the ISO file on the same device (to get it activated) ? I have heard of the Windows OEM and retail versions.

Also if I would install Windows 10 from the ISO file I would get rid of the bloatware directly after installaion and hence no more uninstallation of the craps.

Please anybody tell me that could I install Windows 10 Home from the ISO file (and get it activated on the same device) on the preinstalled Windows 10 Home device. Does Microsoft allows this?

Thanks in advance !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, the W10 download file from this link will work with the OEM product key in your notebook's BIOS.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, the W10 download file from this link will work with the OEM product key in your notebook's BIOS.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

HP Recommended

Why should I purchase a new license.

As I have told earlier, the notebook came preinstalled with Windows 10 Home and now I just want to do a clean install (not talking about the OEM's recovery disc for reinstallation) using the official Windows 10 ISO file from Microsoft.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the answer

This would definetly help me out though the installation process.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.