2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Installing Windows 10 UEFI mode

HP Notebook - 15-bs145tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have 2 one physical hard drive and two logical partitions. In one I have only the Windows 10 OS . And the other is only for data storage. I have installed Windows 10 in Legacy mode. I would like to re install Windows 10 in UEFI mode. Do I need to format the whole physical drive ( both logical partitions ) to GPT or I can only format the logical partition on which I need to re install Windows 10  and let the data partition remain in MBR ?

1 REPLY 1
SiChips Top Student
Top Student
4 3 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Installing Windows 10 UEFI mode

There is no real reason to reinstall using UEFI if everything is already working fine.  If you are determined though, pull all important data from the drive and wipe the entire drive and create new partitions.  Windows 10 changes the way and number of system partitions based on if the setup is loaded in UEFI mode or legacy mode.

There really is no huge benefit switching to UEFI if everything is already working fine.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation