Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have been trying for a few weeks or longer to install the "Important" update for the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver per HP Support Assistant. Each time it moves through the steps, but always ends with: " Installation Complete- Failed Installation. And therefore, remains on the important updates list.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thank you so much! It gave me 3 to chose and i went with the one closest in download size. At first i thought it did not work as the download still showed after the restart. However, once i tried it gave me warning that I had a newer version installed so i chose to keep the newer version!

HP Recommended

I’m so glad you got this resolved. 🙂

HP Recommended

I appreciated your posting on this, and tried to do the same thing.  But before I downloaded an updated RST driver from the Intel site, I saw in the NOTES where it says (under WHICH FILE TO CHOOSE): "F6 and RAID BIOS configurations need to be performed prior to installation of this driver for proper operation."  I don't know how to do that.  Also, some postings by people attempting the same update have indicated that the Windows 10, version 1903 update still won't complete - maybe because an older version of the RST drivers is still on the computer.  Do you have any advice?  Many thanks!

HP Recommended

Sorry, I’m not too sure. Perhaps try updating your BIOS or try the installation again? I’m so sorry if this isn’t helpful. 

I do hope this helps,

KDT123

HP Recommended

Okay; thanks for the reply!

HP Recommended

I do not seem able to successfully install SP 96818 Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver Version 17.2.8.1029 from HP Support Assistant Update. I went on to the Intel Web Site and searched for this driver but it comes back with not being able to find this driver. I have tried 3 times to install the Driver but it keeps failing. 

HP Recommended

I am no computer expert, but I recently went thru this same issue & ultimately had success, so I'll try to explain how that went.   My computer was going thru the process of updating Windows 10 version 1903.  I got an error message saying that the update couldn't be completed because the RST driver needed to be updated.  I followed whatever links were given to me, and the recommendation from WINDOWS was to use a specific version of the RST drivers (which I'm afraid I didn't write down)--but it WASN'T the most recent version.  Windows advice specifically said to use the somewhat earlier version (it was earlier than 17.2.8.1029) EVEN THOUGH the Intel website will tell you that you ought to use the newest version.  There was a second problem in that when you download it, you still have a file in your computer (driver file iaStorA.sys) that interferes.  I was told to go to C:\\Windows\System32\drivers and find that file, and rename it as follows:  Find iaStorA.sys and rename it to iaStorA_old.sys.  This worked for me!!!  Good luck.

HP Recommended

Sorry it took so long but I just returned from Cuba and went dark for a while to recharge. My problem sorted itself out and the driver did wind up installing on a recent update, go figure. Thanks for all your tips and support. 😀

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.