Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I open my camera, it can not start, occur an error, error code:  0xA00F4244 <NoCamerasAreAttached>

I've tried solving in in Devices Manager, trouble shooting,... but they're useless,

I am wondering whether there is a hardware mistake or not,

I downloaded HP Universal Camera Drive and installed it but dont know what to do next...

Can someone help me???

Thanks a million for your help!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi! @sonkakiku, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you have webcam issues with your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned when you open the webcam on your PC you are getting an error 0xA00F4244 on your PC.

Try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
Double-click Imaging Devices to expand the list of webcam drivers.
If there is no Imaging devices category listed in Device Manager, stop using these steps and see the section Webcam is not listed in Device Manager in this document.
If more than one webcam driver is listed, right-click the driver and select uninstall for any driver that is not the HP Webcam-101 or Microsoft USB Video Device driver. Once the other drivers have been removed, restart your computer and open your software. If problems persist, continue using these steps.
Right-click the name of the webcam in the Images Devices category (HP Webcam-101 or Microsoft USB Video Device), and select Update Driver Software.
Click Browse the computer to select a specific USB Video Device driver.
Double-click Imaging Devices to expand the list of webcam drivers, right-click the webcam driver, and then select Properties.
Make a note of the existing name of the webcam driver (Example: HP Webcam), as it might change after the update.
On the Webcam Properties window, select Update Driver....
Select to Browse the computer for the desired driver.
Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
Remove the selection from Show compatible hardware.
Select Microsoft in the Manufacturer field, and select USB Video Device in the Model field.
Click Next to install the webcam driver.
Allow the installation of the USB Video Device, and then click Close.
After the device has been updated to USB Video Device in Device Manager, restart your computer and open your software.
If problems persist, install the latest BIOS update from HP and get all the latest Windows updates from Microsoft.

Roll back webcam driver 

Open Device Manager > right-click on the device > select Properties > switch to Driver tab > click on Roll Back Driver button > select Yes on the next window. After that, you need to restart your PC to check whether it is working or not.

Also, install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Try updating the BIOS and other drivers on your PC using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot webcam issues with your laptop.

Also, try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware components on your PC are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, but when I updated my USB video device, it showed this error:" This devide cannot start (Code 10)", I also didnt see BIOS in my update page.

Look forward to hearing from you

HP Recommended

@sonkakiku,

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @A4Apollo, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here. 

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the webcam was working fine?
  • What is the model for your computer?

I would like to know whether you have followed all the steps provided in the below article?

https://hp.care/2Kg1XEW

I recommend you follow all the steps provided in the previous post by MrRobot and check if it helps.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you!

It seems that there is a hardware error, my laptop in HP Elitebook 8470p.

Is HP Universial Camera Driver suitable?

One more, I cannot find Imaging device in F10 Bios Setup 😞

HP Recommended

@sonkakiku, It's great to hear from you again.

I appriciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Try the steps recommended below 

1. Click "Start | Control Panel | Hardware and Sound | Device Manager."

2. Click "Imaging Devices" and double-click your integrated webcam to load its Properties dialog.

3. Click the "Driver" tab.

4. Click "Update Driver" to launch the Hardware Update wizard.

5. Proceed with the on-screen instructions to contact the Windows Update server and download and install the necessary drivers.

If the issue still persists try performing a push button reset on your PC.

Refer this article to know more information about performing a push button reset on your PC. Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this works!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.