Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 11-ab000 x360 Convertible PC
Linux

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if i could install Mac os (X,Sierra,High Sierra,...etc) to my hp laptop

PLease help me

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@AsTalavisTa1

Doing this, as far as I know, is illegal -- and we don't support such activity:

In terms of the Mac OS, the EULA provides, first, that you don't “buy” the software—you only “license” it. And that the license terms do not permit you to install the software on non-Apple hardware. Thus, if you install OS X on a non-Apple machine—making a “Hackintosh”—you are in breach of contract and also copyright law.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@AsTalavisTa1

Doing this, as far as I know, is illegal -- and we don't support such activity:

In terms of the Mac OS, the EULA provides, first, that you don't “buy” the software—you only “license” it. And that the license terms do not permit you to install the software on non-Apple hardware. Thus, if you install OS X on a non-Apple machine—making a “Hackintosh”—you are in breach of contract and also copyright law.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks anyway even if you didn't answer my question

HP Recommended

@AsTalavisTa1 wrote:

Thanks anyway even if you didn't answer my question

What he is saying is that this isn't the forum for your question, and you won't get much help on the official Apple forum either for the same legality reason.

HP Recommended

haha

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.