Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv7-4263cl
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I recently acquired the HP Pavilion dv7-4263cl.  The previous owner had put Windows 10 on it but there may have been a driver issue. I don't remember if it was a graphics, sound, or other driver.  Can anyone tell me whether this laptop is Windows 10 compatible, or do I have to deal with Microsoft nagging me about outdated software (or just put Ubuntu on it)?

It really is a nice laptop:

CPU: AMD Phenom II P860

HDD: ~600GB

RAM: 6GiB

GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370

AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

BIOS: F.20

Sound: AMD HD Audio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, that model is cannot run W10 correctly, and I agree with you that the graphics and audio will not work right.

HP does not support any of their notebook or desktop PC made before August of 2013 for W10.

Here is their info sheet on that subject.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05195282

Now, many HP PC's built before Aug of 2013 will run W10 OK by using Vista, W7, W8 or 8.1 drivers, but in the models with dual graphics like yours, those graphics drivers won't work.

You might be able to get the audio to work by using a W10 IDT audio driver from the 15t-j100 notebook, but there are no guarantees, and really no point, since the graphics not working is a show-stopper.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, that model is cannot run W10 correctly, and I agree with you that the graphics and audio will not work right.

HP does not support any of their notebook or desktop PC made before August of 2013 for W10.

Here is their info sheet on that subject.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05195282

Now, many HP PC's built before Aug of 2013 will run W10 OK by using Vista, W7, W8 or 8.1 drivers, but in the models with dual graphics like yours, those graphics drivers won't work.

You might be able to get the audio to work by using a W10 IDT audio driver from the 15t-j100 notebook, but there are no guarantees, and really no point, since the graphics not working is a show-stopper.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.