Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy touchsmart sleek book 4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I appreciate in laptop terms this would be deemed as an old machine ie its about 5 years old

trying to update to windows 10 1903 update. But it always fails when trying to configure machine at the very end, 

Microsoft have said that it might be drivers affecting it, All up to date though. 

They also said that because the machine when launched was not a windows 10 supported laptop then the latest update might not work. I find this a little hard to believe when the previous windows 10 updates have worked, Any one got any ideas, i run through loads of potential fixes like installed via usb key and loaded the recent software stack from microsoft. Help much appreciated please 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@philgolf 

Sorry, but MS is likely correct -- in that each version of Win10 places more demands on the hardware.  So the newer the Win10 version, the less likely it will work with older equipment.

I've already had to restore two older Win7 PCs to Win7 from Win10 because they won't work with the latest Win10 version.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. To me it poor show that a machine that is only 5 years old and running perfectly well. Cant update to this version

From what I've seen the update is  nothing special. It feels like there is collaborative between software providers and pc manufacturers to force you into buying a new machine. It totally sucks. But appreciate your reply. 

Any one from hp prepared to  step in here and assist. We seem to live I  too much of a throw away society and not surprising when an update like this does this. 

HP Recommended

just to update you. I decided to by a fresh hard drive and do a clean install laptop then worked fine with 1909 update

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.