Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion X2
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Recently, my detachable keyboard disconnects automatically even when it is still attached to the tablet. After it loaded to Home, I can still use the keyboard. All of the keys work perfectly. However, after a minute or two, it disconnects. It only reconnects after I restart again the computer. As you can tell, it is a nuisance when you're typing documents.

It wasn't this case before I downloaded third party apps. I first suspects it was the case so I uninstalled all of those apps. It didn't solve the problem.

Then suspects a software malfunction because the keyboard works on startup so I reset my laptop, lost all of my apps, it didn't work either.

Is their anything else specific thing I could do to fix this problem?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Very much appreciated your help.

I have found a slight solution.
It doesn't disconnect at all when I continuously use the keyboard. It hepls if it doesn't idle for longer a minute so when I'm typing, i make sure that I move the cursor just to maintain the connection.

Again, thank you for the time.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@1Gaea

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, keyboard disconnects frequently, 

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes made?

Did you try uninstalling keyboard drivers?

If not, let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

Click on Start > Search for Device Manager >Double click on keyboard and right click on the drivers >Select uninstall.

Restart your notebook.

Once completed, update the BIOS following steps from the link: Click here

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

HP Recommended
Thank you for your response.

My keyboard was working fine until last week.
I didn't make any changes in hardware or software other than download apps not from the Microsoft Store.

I have done solutions like resetting, reinstalling windows, uninstall the keyboard driver, and recently update my BIOS provided by HP support specifically for my HP model. (I used the serial number to search specific model)

There was a time when I uninstall the driver that it didn't disconnect at all but only the touchpad works and not the keyboard keys. The driver didn't reinstall when I restart the laptop so I was forced to reset it again.

However, there are no changes in and the keyboard still malfunctions.

Do you think it is a hardware or software issue?

I would be really glad if I hear from you again.

Best regards.
HP Recommended

@1Gaea

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts, I am the Riddle_Decipher writing on behalf @Flower_Bud as she's out for the day.

Since you've already reinstalled windows (using the HP recovery media?), among other steps you've mentioned, hats off to your troubleshooting as you've confirmed that this is a hardware malfunction and I recommend you refer to my private message for further assistance:

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, using the blue envelope: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

Thank you for your patience,

And have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Very much appreciated your help.

I have found a slight solution.
It doesn't disconnect at all when I continuously use the keyboard. It hepls if it doesn't idle for longer a minute so when I'm typing, i make sure that I move the cursor just to maintain the connection.

Again, thank you for the time.
HP Recommended

@1Gaea

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad you found the solution for this concern.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.