Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

after a Windows 10 update at the very end of July I was not able anymore to use my wired keyboard (Kensington) on my HP computer (Notebook HP-15-bs117nl, s/n [Personal Information Removed]). I saw in the Device Manager that there was a Code 39 Error for the driver of the keyboard. Some days ago I bought a new keyboard (HP Wireless Keyboard Pavilion 600) hoping to be able to download a different driver, but the problem still exists (always code 39).

I asked the Microsoft community and they suggested me some actions but I couldn't fix the problem. In the morning I updated the Bios (also beacause there is the blue screen problem, video scheduler internal error), as they suggested, but it's the same, both keyboards do not work. Both can however work on an older Asus laptop (no Windows 10 updates since February here).
Apparently the best available drivers have been already installed (or at least the computer says so), but there is still the Code 39. So, what can I do?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

If neither of the two external keyboards can be used, have you considered a problem with the computer interface?

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply Sam. I do not know, I'm asking bacause I do not know how I could solve the problem.

HP Recommended

It seems to be e a matter of driver signature (after a Bios update, the error code changed to 52). I've solved temporarily the problem by disabling the driver signature verification. In this way both keyboards work, but I must disable it after each start (I've disabled the verification permanently, but the keyboards do not work). the Microsoft community has suggested me to get certified drivers from HP, but I cannot contact the HP assistance (there's no support about keyboards).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.