Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-n051sh
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear All,

I have a problem with lagging mouse and video. I fist thought it is a software or driver problem because when I restart my laptop in safe mode it works perfectly. I tried to switch off the programs to catch the one which causes the problem but couldn’t so decided to reintstall my Windows 10 operation system. But this didn’t help neither, my mouse and videos freeze in every second moment. Also ran a quick virus check but it didn’t find anything neither. Thank you in advance if somebody could help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you try performing hardware diagnostics at boot and see if there are any hardware problems. There could be a problem with the drive.

Turn off the PC by holding the power button until complete shutdown.

Turn on the PC and repeatedly press ESC until startup menu appears.

Press F2 to enter diagnostics.

Try performing the system test and see if there are any failure ids.

Let me know,

David

When you reinstalled the OS, did it right away have the same problem, or after you updated the new installation?

HP Recommended

Dear David,

sorry for the late answer, unfortunately the problem isn’t solved yet.

I performed the hardware diagnostics as you’ve adviced but the tests passed without any failure. 

At the beginning of the installation everything worked well, the problem occured again only when I was asked to set my Windows profile ( add my email address, new pin code set up etc).

thank you for your help in advance,

Dora

HP Recommended

Hi, I have a similar problem. Since a big update my mouse has lagged and jumped. Videos on facebook etc do not play smoothly. My PC is a all in one, windows 10, 64 bit. I have spoken to Microsoft many times to no avail.

I tried posting here but it said i didn't have permission.

Mike

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.