Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

You mean I have to totally uninstall Google Chrome or just leave it there and not using it be fine?

Can you teach me a simple way to copy or export out all my Google Chrome bookmarks? 

and how can I install Evernote in the explorer like Chrome does? Thanks!

HP Recommended

OK I figure out how to install Evernote Clipper already. I know how to import bookmarks, any other way that I can actually save it to the pc and use it later in other search portal like Opera or Firefox? Thanks!

HP Recommended

Ok I figure out how to install Evernote Clipper already. I know how to import bookmarks, but can I actually save the bookmarks into a files in my pc, so that I can easily use it later in other search engine like Opera or Firefox? Hoe to do it?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

You have asked quite a lot of questions 🙂 I will try to answer them - below in several posts.

@MsChangey wrote:

OK thanks for answering. Since 1703 is the latest version, isn't it one day I still need to have this version as well? Do you mean if I were to use different explorer, it will most likely be fine? or wait untill one day either Google or HP do another upgrade again, will be fine? 

When I go to the Update history, I can't see any recent updates, the latest  was on the 14 Apr 2017. But it is true that during 11-14 Apr 2017, there lots of updates. 

Regarding Mcafee, I did not buy and pay for that. Why does it running anyway?

Can you teach me ways that I can simply copy or import my bookmarks from different search portal site? Thanks!

Looks like it works after I switch to Explorer search engine. Thanks!

One more thing, can you kindly teach me how to delete my important files and cookies and histories in my notebook, before I sent it out for repair in the future? Where can I check what and where are my various login passwords the system or explorer have saved? How can I change any setting of it?

Thanks!

Yes, if you continue with Windows 10, you will still have to use it one day but things may be different in 2-3 months - Microsoft may release new updates which will make Windows more stable, newer driver versions may be released, etc...

Since you mentioned above that Chrome and McAfee were the ones that consumed most resourses, I suggested you ditch them and begin using another browser to see how things go.

McAfee may be running because it comes preinstalled on quite a lot of computers as 30 day trial version (for example). User who like it may want to buy a subscription eventually.

Here is how to export the bookmarks from Chrome > http://www.wikihow.com/Export-Bookmarks-from-Chrome

Clearing private browsing history/logins/cookies :

With any browser open, press CTL + SHIFT + Del and any browser will open the section to clear private data

Also, here are detailed instructions for most common browsers > http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000510.htm

With regards to Internet Explorer, everything re. logins and history can be managed from Control Panel -> Internet options

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

@MsChangey wrote:

You mean I have to totally uninstall Google Chrome or just leave it there and not using it be fine?

Can you teach me a simple way to copy or export out all my Google Chrome bookmarks? 

(...)

I meant to uninstall Chrome.

Here is how to export bookmarks from Chrome (before uninstallation) > http://www.wikihow.com/Export-Bookmarks-from-Chrome

How to export from Chrome and import in IE (export as HTML, import from HTML) >> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_other/import-bookmarks-from-chrome/bc953148...

Once you do it, next time will be a lot more easier.

Opera > http://www.opera.com/blogs/news/2014/12/how-to-import-bookmarks-from-another-browser/

and

https://addons.opera.com/bg/extensions/details/bookmarks-import-export/?display=en

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

@MsChangey wrote:

Ok I figure out how to install Evernote Clipper already. I know how to import bookmarks, but can I actually save the bookmarks into a files in my pc, so that I can easily use it later in other search engine like Opera or Firefox? Hoe to do it?

Thanks!

Opera, Firefox, Chrome, EDGE, Internet Explorer are all browsers.

Google, Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo are search engines.

Yes, you can regularly save the boormarks into HTML files and these can be used with any browser. Some browsers also have their own formats (like json in Firefox)

You are welcome!

HP Recommended

Thanks for reply! It was helpful. Hopefully problem solved permenantly, will monitor. Now it is stil a little bit slow and hang a bit, but much better from before where I have to keep switching off and on again. 

Am I here talking to HP Experts from HP or outsider? Cause at first I was trying to solve from the HP support center, it doesn't help at all. First they did some files delete remotely online.

Second they sent me 3 disc for recovery, even I told them I have perform the reformat and it did not work out.

Thirdly they call me up and repeatedy asking me same questions: 'what I plan to do', eventhough I have already repeatedly answered that I will get back to the shop selling me the notebook, and I have no idea what they want to do. Can't they act and think more like human instead of robotic, care only filling up their job forms.

When I bought my notebook, they told me HP has change their warranty, they will now come to home for repair. But in real, they only sent me long emails and discs expect me to understand all and do it myself.

Luckily this forum does helped. Then what is the support center for? What is the warranty for?

HP Recommended

@MsChangey wrote:

Thanks for reply! It was helpful. Hopefully problem solved permenantly, will monitor. Now it is stil a little bit slow and hang a bit, but much better from before where I have to keep switching off and on again. 

Am I here talking to HP Experts from HP or outsider? Cause at first I was trying to solve from the HP support center, it doesn't help at all.

(...)

Luckily this forum does helped. Then what is the support center for? What is the warranty for?

I am glad you find the forum helpful. You are most welcome 🙂

This is the official forum of HP. There are HP employees here, HP Moderators - HP employees and Mods have a special sign/icon next to their names. There are also regular users like you (volunteers) and also experts (external volunteers and HP experts). I am expert volunteer - currently I do not work for HP but I used to work for HP between 2013 and 2015 and was later moved to HPE.

The support center is for everything including (software and) hardware support - example, if you experience hardware issue with your PC. I cannot comment HP support center actions but I am sorry if you experienced issues with them. In case you need to reach to HP support again and if you face difficulties, please let me know and I will notify HP staff internally and the issue will be reviewed/escalated.

Cheers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.