Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Stream Laptop 14-cb0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I need to install several Microsoft software applications but my Unit being in S Mode can not allow to install anything other than what the Store provides.. I have tried several ways with no success. I am now trying to install Win 10 updates 2004 but the unit just finishes downloading it and nothing happens.. I even try to install win 10 home or pro but when pressing the Store link gives me error Código: 0x80131500.. Anyone who can help me solve this problem?

Thank you for your prompt response.

MG

This is a Refurbished unit purchased last year from Walmart on line

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Toluca100a wrote:

... I need to install several Microsoft software applications but my Unit being in S Mode can not allow to install anything other than what the Store provides.. I have tried several ways with no success. ...

@Toluca100a 

You have to get out S mode first. By the way, what is your 14-cb0xx. For example (also from Walmart):

HP Stream - 14-cb012wm

You will be wasting time to run around because looks like your machine (which is similar to the above machine) ONLY has 32GB of eMMC. No room for you to install/upgrade.

How to get out S mode:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4456067/windows-10-switch-out-of-s-mode

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.

I did insert an additional 128GB sd card in my laptop, will this allow a win 10 upgrade?

The Microsoft Store is very limited and has no utilities to switch out of S mode, nor Win 10 Home or Pro upgrades?...

Should I still try to install a Win 10 upgrade ?

Regards,

MG

HP Recommended

@Toluca100a wrote:

... I did insert an additional 128GB sd card in my laptop, will this allow a win 10 upgrade?

@Toluca100a 

Sorry No, the process won't use SD card. Please try the following way to do the update (not upgrade) first

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/Updating-Windows-10-OS-on-an-HP-Stream-with-3...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.