Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I am happy to say that @E-roq's last suggestion, to perform the HP System Recovery, worked!!!!!  Thanks to @Tardis40 for the first attempt to rescue me!  Although the first suggestion to reset the computer wasn't successful, I still really appreciate the HP Techies for trying and eventually getting me into my computer.

Next time, I will take greater precautions when purchasing a display model anything, especially an electronic device!

So again, thank you @E-roq and @Tardis40!!!!  I am one happy lady!!!!!!!

Thanks HP support site!!!!!  

SUCCESS.......:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

My  all in one PC (22-2012na) has the same problem but attempts to reinstal Windows or do a factory reset fail and the computer hangs before completion.  I've run all the diagnostic tests (6 hours) and apparently all is well with all systems.

However since doing this all I get at switch on is the HP screen - time and time again.

How do I recover use of this PC?

HP Recommended
Sorry, that I responded the wrong way a while ago. You've been a great help! Below is what I posted in August:

I am happy to say that @E-roq's last suggestion, to perform the HP System Recovery, worked!!!!! Thanks to @Tardis40 for the first attempt to rescue me! Although the first suggestion to reset the computer wasn't successful, I still really appreciate the HP Techies for trying and eventually getting me into my computer.

Next time, I will take greater precautions when purchasing a display model anything, especially an electronic device!

So again, thank you @E-roq and @Tardis40!!!! I am one happy lady!!!!!!!

Thanks HP support site!!!!!

SUCCESS.......Smiley Happy
HP Recommended
I have the same problem I had a virus when I tried to reset to an earlier date it got stuck with an error I fixed that by doing a factory reset and now I'm in this eternal loop of hp with the busy dot thing flashes 3 times then it says preparing windows it stays at 64 percent been two days now then it restarts computer and continues to do it again I tried hard reset still there I tried f11 for computer reset to factory nothing comes up and it's still looping HELP ME
HP Recommended

The problem remain even after system restore. 

HP Recommended

Hi, After following all the onscreen instructions to complete the recovery using Reset Your PC, the Laptop again tries to install the OS and gets stuck in  a loop at 64%.

The problem did not get resolved. Kindly suggest any other way out.

Thanks

HP Recommended

how long does this usually take? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.